Link below is to the control image:
Email your entry pics to:
Scores last updated,Saturday, October 31, 2017. 10:50pm
|ENTRANT NAME||BIG BASS #1||BIG BASS #2||MONSTER PIKE||TOTAL INCHES|
|1. Ron Strauss||17″||16.5″||30.75″||64.25″|
|2. Nam Nguyen||21″||20.25″||30″||71.25″|
|3. Mitch Heil||12″||0||0||12″|
|4. Paul Willegalle||0||0||0||0|
|5. Tim Brolsma||16.5″||14.25″||0||30.75″|
|6. Dustin Monson||18.75||0||0||18.75|
|7. Rich Hebert||0||0||0||0|
|8. Matt Hunziger||0||0||33″||33″|
|9. Henning Pubanz||20.5″||19.75″||35.5″||75.75″|
|10. Josh Engelman||18.25″||18″||0||36.25″|
|11. Adam Spotanske||0||0||0||0|
|12. Todd Guse||0||0||0||0|
|13. Les Kvidera||20.75″||20″||30.5″||71.25″|
|14. Nik Schuetz||0||0||0||0|
|15. Mike Mead||18.75″||0||0||18.75|
|16. Robert Lackner||17″||16.75″||20″||53.75″|
|17. Stuart Vrieze||0||0||0||0|
|18. Allen Donais||18″||17.5″||35″||70.5″|
|19. Jeremiah Burish||0||0||0||0|
|20. David Mikkelson||21″||20.25″||26.5″||67.75″|
|21. Kyle Johnson||10.25″||19″||23.75″||53″|
|22. Dean Kafka||18.5″||19.25″||26.75″||64.75″|
|23. William Netwal||0||0||0||0|
|24. Clayton Sundet||20″||20.25″||32.25″||72.5″|
|25. Tom Elliott||16.75″||18″||30.25″||65″|
|26. Daniel Zimmerscheid||21.25″||21″||34.5″||76.75″|
|27. Diane Bach||0||0||0||0|
|28. Jim Lee||16.25″||20.25″||25.25″||61.75″|
|29. Jeremy Quass||15.75″||17.5″||0||33.25″|
|30. James Suhsen||21.25″||20.5″||35.5″||77.25″|
|31. Gerald McCullough||20.75″||19 “||27.75″||67.5″|
|32. Andy Nadeau||18″||18″||35.75″||71.75″|
|33. Sae Yang||18.5″||19.75″||32.5||70.75″|
|34. Josiah Christensen||0||0||0||0|
|35. Shaun McCurdy||0||0||0||0|
|36. Stephan Doblar||15.5″||17.25″||22.5″||55.25′|
|37. Michael Stewart||0||0||0||0|
|38. Sam Heichel||19.5″||20.5″||32″||72″|
|39. Jake Didier||0||0||0||0|
|40. Shoua Moua||18″||0||29″||47″|
|41. Zach Gibbons||19.25″||17.5″||36.25″||73″|
|42. Jeff Lambert||0||0||0||0|
|43. Jason Murray||0||0||0||0|
|44. Xong Thao||15.5″||14″||28″||57.5″|
|45. Mike Suhsen||20.25″||19.5″||37″||76.75″|
|46. Ryan Pinkalla||19″||19.25″||0||38.25″|
|47. Jacob Schurter||0||0||0||0|
Two month online tourney, best 2 BIG BASS and best MONSTER NORTHERN PIKE cumulative inches
The tournament is ONLY available to entrants from MN, IA, WI, SD and ND. All entrants may ONLY fish the waters in those states. Entries MUST adhere to our fish measurement requirements (measuring specs subject to minor changes).
Entrants can cull fish of 2 species to arrive at a final inch total for the tournament. The 2 species will be:
A. Bass (large & small mouth only), your final bass total will be cumulative inches of your top 2 (two) bass
B. Northern Pike, your final pike total will be the total of your 1 (one) top Northern Pike.
NOTE: No Muskie will be counted.
Submit a fish today…then upgrade tomorrow…or next week. Keep fishing hard to get your top total inches for the tournament time period.
Entrant name: Bob Bigfish
Bass entries (note can be 2 of one or the other, Smallmouth or Largemouth or same):
One (1 quantity) 20″ large mouth.
One (1 quantity) 19.25″ smallmouth.
NOTE: your 2 bass can be both Large OR Small Mouth, does NOT need to be one of each.
BASS TOTAL 39.25″
Northern Pike entry:
One 42″ Northern Pike.
NOTE: No Muskie will be counted.
NORTHERN PIKE TOTAL 42″
BASS TOTAL PLUS PIKE TOTAL FINAL SCORE FOR BOB BIGFISH: 81.25″
The tournament will be held September 1 to October 31, 2017. 2 full months.
Entry fee / prizes
You MUST complete your payment of $75 to be officially entered in this tournament. $15 of each entry goes to promote and support MNKFA. $60 of each entry goes to the first place winner, with winnings capped at $1800. If we have at least 30 entrants, the winner will have the option of taking the $1800 cash OR getting a brand new Hobie Outback valued at $2499 (standard colors and models only, not camo or special editions).
Winner agrees to personally pick up the Hobie Outback at Hi Tempo / Hobie Kayaks in White Bear Lake, Minnesota (if they choose this option) or pay for shipping charges.
Cash winnings will be paid via PayPal.
1st place prize package:
Winners choice of $1800 cash or a Hobie Outback Kayak ($2499 value)
New 8/30/2017, guaranteed 2nd place prize!
New 8/16/2017, guaranteed 3rd place prize!
Special thanks to Manley Rods for supplying an incredible rod for the third place finisher!
Official entrants and score keeping will be on this page.
Official entrants will be listed on this page as I get time to enter them. Be patient, I may fishing or something.
Early Bird Sign Up Bonus!
The earlier you sign up…the more chances you have to WIN early bird give aways! We’ll be adding more give aways each week. If you’re NOT officially entered in the tournament, you can’t win early bird prizes!
EARLY BIRD GIVEAWAY #1: Officially sign up by Friday August 18, 2017, 5:00pm central standard time. You’ll be entered in a raffle to win this box of All-Terrain Tackle Bass Jigs. WINNER: NAM NGUYEN
EARLY BIRD GIVEAWAY #2: Officially sign up by Saturday August 19, 2017, 10:00pm central standard time. You’ll be entered in a raffle to win this box of All-Terrain Tackle Bass Jigs. WINNER: HENNING PUBANZ
EARLY BIRD GIVEAWAY #3: Officially sign up by Sunday August 20, 2017, 5:00pm central standard time. You’ll be entered in a raffle to win this box of All-Terrain Tackle Bass Jigs. WINNER: JEREMIAH BURISH
EARLY BIRD GIVEAWAY #4: Officially sign up by Friday August 25, 2017, 5:00pm central standard time. You’ll be entered in a raffle to win this box of All-Terrain Tackle Bass Jigs. WINNER: DIANE BACH (delivered)
EARLY BIRD GIVEAWAY #5: Officially sign up by Sunday August 27, 2017, 10:00pm central standard time. You’ll be entered in a raffle to win this box of All-Terrain Tackle Bass Jigs. WINNER PAUL WILLEGALE
Jig packs valued at $20.
By clicking the agree box on the form below, you agree and understand the rules and agree to the release of liability.
READ AND AGREE TO THIS WAIVER BEFORE SIGNING:
I, the undersigned, acknowledge, appreciate and agree that:
1. The risk of injury from the activities involved in kayak tournament fishing does exist, and
2. I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown and assume full responsibility for my participation and
3. I agree to comply with the terms and conditions of participation, and
4. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, personal representatives and next of kin, hereby release, indemnify and hold harmless and agree not to sue, the Minnesota Kayak Fishing Association, its officers, officials, agents, and/or employees, sponsors and advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lesser of premises used to conduct the event.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT AND THE RULES GOVERNING THESE EVENTS, FULLY UNDERSTAND THEIR TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT. I further agree that by typing my name in the provided space of the electronic entry form constitutes my legal signature and is the same as signing this agreement by hand.
PARTICIPATION AND ELIGIBILITY. Participation is open to anyone 18 years of age or older. Minors are eligible to participate with a parent or legal guardian signature on the release form. A completed entry form and waiver must be received no later than the published entry date. The responsibility and safety for said minor is solely that of the signing parent or legal guardian. Parent and or legal guardian holds harmless Minnesota Kayak Fishing Association and their officers, sponsors, advertisers and employees.
Tournament Rules And Signup
Interpretation of these rules will be left exclusively to tournament officials whose decisions are final. We reserve the right to change or alter rules in the spirit of fairness or to correct any errors or omissions.
1. Registration: Registration for The 2017 Best Bass & Pike tournament will close Thursday, August 31, 2017 at 3:00pm central time.
2. Requirements: A pdf image will be emailed to all participants at 9:00pm CST 08-31-2017. Print this letter size sheet, put it in a zip lock bag and place in the photo with your catch. Your photo must include a fish measuring device like a Hawg Trough or similar measuring device. You may pinch the tail, the mouth of the fish must be closed and at the left edge of your measuring device. The ruler marks must be easily legible in the photo submitted. The printed tournament pdf image must appear in each photo submitted. ANY alteration that promotes products or services added to the control image will be immediately disqualified! Failure to include this control image will disqualify your entry. For further information on photo measuring requirements, click here (opens in a new window).
3. Start and Finish Times: Tournament will begin at 12:01 am CST 09-01-2017. End of the tournament will be at midnight CST 10-31-2017. All photo entries must be emailed and received by by the end of the tournament. We are NOT responsible for ANY submissions that are not in the tournament director’s email box by midnight, 10-31-2017. We advise you to send earlier. NO exceptions will be made.
4. Catch: All fish must be taken with a fishing rod, line and hook with artificial bait only on the days of the tournament during tournament hours. Participant must fish from a human powered boat, kayak, canoe or stand up paddle board. No gas or electric motors are allowed! Absolutely no other method will be permitted.
5. Safety: A PFD must be either worn or on board each watercraft in accordance with state regulations where you are fishing. Safe boating conduct must be observed at all times.
6. Sportsmanship: Sportsmanshi
7. Fishing Boundaries: Fish must be caught in the waters of Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota, South Dakota or Iowa.
8. Weather: Anglers are to exercise their own best judgment for safety when considering whether to fish or not.
9. Cheating Inquiries: Any inquiries of cheating will be handled by Tournament Officials, and polygraph tests may be used to settle any cheating disputes. The challenging party agrees to pay for polygraph test costs. Challenging party agrees to be identified as the party making any accusations.
10. Prizes: See prize description higher on this page.
11. Waiver: Submitting the entry form constitutes your agreement to ALL rules, regulations, waivers, terms and conditions, liability acknowledgement, otherwise the angler is ineligible to participate.
***REGISTRATION FOR THIS TOURNAMENT IS CLOSED***
OFFICIAL ENTRANTS LISTED BELOW
- Ron Strauss, Roseville, MN
- Nam Nguyen, Apple Valley, MN | WINNER EARLY BIRD GIVE AWAY #1
- Mitch Heil, Lexington, MN
- Paul Willegalle, Cannon Falls, MN | WINNER EARLY BIRD GIVE AWAY #5
- Tim Brolsma, Bloomington, MN
- Dustin Monson, Brainerd, MN
- Rich Hebert, Eden Prairie, MN
- Matt Hunziger, Carver, MN
- Henning Pubanz, Eden Prairie, MN| WINNER EARLY BIRD GIVE AWAY #2
- Josh Engelmann, Annandale, MN
- Adam Spotanske, Harrisburg, SD
- Todd Guse, Cedar, MN
- Les Kvidera, Chaska, MN
- Nik Schuetz, Minneapolis, MN
- Mike Mead, Luverne, MN
- Robert Lackner, Monticello, MN
- Stuart Vrieze, Rochester, MN
- Allen Donais, Eveleth, MN
- Jeremiah Burish, La Crosse, WI | WINNER EARLY BIRD GIVE AWAY #3
- David Mikkelson, Prior Lake, MN
- Kyle Johnson, Osseo, MN
- Dean Kafka, Wabasha, MN
- William Netwal, Burnsville, MN
- Clayton Sundet, Ashton, SD
- Tom Elliott, Shakopee, MN
- Daniel Zimmerscheid, Maplewood, MN
- Diane Bach, Thief River Falls, MN | WINNER EARLY BIRD GIVE AWAY #4
- Jim Lee, St. Paul, MN
- Jeremy Quass, Cokato, MN
- James Suhsen, Becker, MN
- Gerald McCullough, Henning, MN
- Andy Nadeau, Winona, MN
- Sae Yang, Lino Lakes, MN
- Josiah Christensen, Becker, MN
- Shaun McCurdy, Bloomer, WI
- Stephan Doblar, Cottage Grove, MN
- Michael Stewart, Brooklyn Park, MN
- Sam Heichel, North Mankato, MN
- Jake Didier, Alexandria, MN
- Shoua Moua, Blaine, MN
- Zach Gibbons, Zimmerman, MN
- Jeff Lambert, Sioux Falls, SD
- Jason Murray, New Prague, MN
- Xong Thao, St. Paul, MN
- Mike Suhsen, Phillips, WI
- Ryan Pinkalla, Eagan, MN
- Jacob Schurter, Big Lake, MN
Special Thanks to Hi Tempo / Hobie Kayaks for the opportunity to make a Hobie Outback available with qualifying entrant numbers!
LEARN MORE ABOUT HOBIE FISHING KAYAKS FROM HI TEMPO
Go ahead and leave a comment below, we’ll reply as soon as we can. THANKS FOR BEING PART OF THIS!