This tournament is close to 30% full (2/16/2018) and will fill up!
There are 2 early bird give aways this week.
1. Sign up by 2/18/2018, 5:30pm and be entered to win a box of All Terrain Tackle jigs.
2. Sign up by 2/22/2018, 8pm and you could win a $50 gift certificate to Austin Canoe & Kayak
And you COULD win both…if you’re lucky! No limit on prize amounts for early bird sign ups.
Vibe kayaks are EXTREMELY popular with MNKFA members!
I was a novice to kayak fishing having grown up fishing in canoes and boats. My first kayak fishing experience was in a Vibe. I found the Vibe to be a stable and comfortable platform for fishing, but yet nimble and fast in the water.
I’m sold on Vibe and kayak fishing!
MNKFA Member, Dave O.
I did a lot of research before getting my Vibe Sea Ghost. For the money, weight and product abilities and accessories the Vibe came in first. Weight with nothing in it was lighter than any other model I researched. The rudder comes as standard equipment (not an add-on), it has a great seat and front and back accessory tracks that are also standard equipment (not an add-on).
MNKFA Member, Bob L.
MNKFA Member, Kirk W.
Gold sponsor for this event:
Support your local kayak fishing club. We keep membership FREE by using some of the proceeds from tournament fees to run the club.
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTS!
The earlier you sign up, the less you’ll pay! PLUS, you’ll be eligible for early bird raffles. Those who sign up early WILL benefit the most from this event.
Here is the agenda (so far) for the 2018 Vibe Kayak tournament
***All times and details are subject to MNKFA change***
Saturday 6/8/2018, 7:00AM MANDATORY!: Check in at the Fish Lake shelter for the MANDATORY Captain’s meeting where we’ll go over all the rules, fill out any waivers not yet signed, and give you the control image. FAILURE TO BE AT THIS MEETING WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION!
Saturday 8:00am: You can launch at any public launch on Fish Lake. You may NOT use any private access to the water for this tournament. ONLY public access that is available to all is allowed.
Saturday 2:00pm: You MUST be physically back at the tournament headquarters. Turn in photos of your catch to Tony Heimkes if you could not or did not email your photos. Have a soft drink and chit-chat with fellow kayak anglers. Check out the prize give aways. YOU MUST BE BACK BY THIS TIME. THIS IS MANDATORY. IF YOU ARE LATE, YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
Saturday 2:00pm to 3:00pm: We’ll have supper for you at the tournament headquarters. Bring your appetite and some B.S. to share with others!
Saturday 3:00pm to 4:00pm: We’ll announce the winners of the tournament, then hand out early bird winner prizes, then give away lots of prizes as fast as we can.
The rest of the weekend: You’re on your own. No formal plans. Find a new friend and go out fish with them!
FIRST PLACE: Vibe Sea Ghost 130 Fishing Kayak, retail value with shipping $1100
SECOND PLACE Manley Rod, retail value $175
THIRD TO SIXTH PLACE: to be determined
You can WIN before the tournament even begins!
Sign up early and you’ll save money on your entry fee PLUS, you’ll be entered in drawings to win early bird prizes. All early bird prizes will be distributed at the tournament. Even if you win an early bird prize, you’re still entered in the prize give away at the tournament, we’ll be giving away lots of stuff.
EARLY BIRD GIVEAWAY #1
Box of All Terrain Tackle Bass Jigs. Drawing date: 2/18/2018
More early bird raffle giveaways will be coming soon, we’re just getting started. SIGN UP NOW!
Minnesota Kayak Fishing Association Vibe Kayak Tournament Rules Tournament rules subject to change
Interpretation of these rules will be left exclusively to tournament officials whose decisions are final. We (MNKFA) reserve the right to change, or add rules to ensure the competition is fair and equal to all participants.
1. Registration: Registration for The Vibe Kayak Fishing Tournament will open soon. Registration will end Friday, June 8, 2018 at 5:00pm central standard time or when all 50 spots are sold.
2. Requirements: This tournament is strictly catch and release. Tournament control card will be supplied at the event. Control Card must be in the photo with your catch. Your photo must include a fish measuring device like a Hawg Trough or similar tournament-approved measuring device. You may pinch the tail and then release it, the mouth of the fish MUST BE CLOSED AND RESTING AGAINST THE ZERO MARK ON THE RULER WITH NO HANDS OR ANY OTHER ITEM (FISH GRIPS, ETC.) COVERING THE MOUTH OR TAIL AREA OF THE FISH. The ruler marks must be easily legible in your photo submission. The Control Card must appear in each photo submitted. Failure to include this will disqualify your entry.
3. Scoring: The tournament will feature Bass (both large and small mouth only). Longest combined length of THREE (3) top bass WINS! You can upgrade your smallest fish submitted with a larger one at anytime during tournament fishing hours.
4. Start and Finish Times: Tournament fishing will begin at 8:00 am CST 06-9-2018. End of the tournament fishing will be 2:00 pm CST 06-9-2018. All photo entries must be emailed AND received by email@example.com by 2:00 pm CST 06-9-2018. If you’re not able to email, you must be in the line at tournament headquarters to give your submission to the tournament official by 2:00pm CST 06-9-2018. We are NOT responsible for any internet connectivity issues!!! Send your entries early. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
5. Event Details: This event is an opportunity to spend time together as a group and get to know one another. There will be supper, prizes and an award ceremony following the close of the tournament fishing at tournament headquarters.
6. Catch: All fish must be taken with a fishing rod, line and artificial lures on the day of the tournament during tournament fishing hours. Participant must fish from a human powered kayak, NO OTHER BOAT TYPES ARE ALLOWED. Only ONE angler may be in the kayak. No gas or electric motors are allowed! Absolutely no other method will be permitted.
7. Safety: We strongly encourage that a PFD be worn. Bring a whistle with as well, another practice that should be followed while paddling. Kayakers must be in accordance with state regulations. Safe boating conduct must be observed at all times.
8. Sportsmanship: Sportsmanship, courtesy, safety and conservation are expected from each angler. Any infraction of these fundamental sporting principles may be cause for disqualification. All participants must follow the DNR regulations in effect on the waters they are fishing.
9. Fishing Boundaries: You MUST fish and launch ONLY on Fish Lake. Plus, you MUST be at the Captains meeting in the morning at 7:00am AND back to tournament headquarters by 2:00pm.
10. Weather: Anglers are to exercise their own best judgment for safety when considering whether to fish or not.
11. Cheating Inquiries: Any inquiries of cheating will be handled by Tournament Officials, and polygraph tests may be used to settle any cheating disputes. Person(s) bringing allegations assumes all costs for any polygraph testing. Person(s) making any cheating allegations agrees that their name will be made public. MNKFA also may require winners to take a voice stress analysis test to confirm winners honestly can claim they followed all the rules.
12. Prizes: See top of this page for fishing tournament prizes, there will also be give away prizes.
13. Board Member Participation: Board members, employees of sponsors or owners of sponsor companies are eligible to register, sign-up and win any prizes and subject to all the same scrutiny as any other entrant. In other words, if they win honestly, honorably and according to the rules, they win and deserve the appropriate gains from their investment (entry cost).
14. Waiver: Submitting the form and payment below is your agreement to the above rules, regulations, terms and conditions, liability acknowledgement, otherwise the angler is ineligible to participate. You MUST be over 18 years of age and show valid identification at the captains meeting to be officially entered in this event and sign a waiver in person at the captains meeting. Minors are eligible to participate only if accompanied 100% of the time during this event by a parent who signs a waiver for the minor. You MUST be present and on-time at the captains meeting in the morning. You MUST be present and on-time and back to tournament headquarters. You MUST follow all rules to win a prize in this event.
Everyone that is officially entered (paid) for this tournament has a chance to win tournament prizes, gets dinner on Saturday night and will be entered to win prizes.
NOTE: MNKFA board reserves the right to make changes to the rules at any time in the spirit of making the tournament more fair and equal to all participants.
Get your entry in early and maximize your chance of winning prizes in this tournament, it’s easy
No refunds will be made for any reason once you have signed up. Names are added manually to the entrant list. It may take a day or so depending on what my social schedule looks like.
LIMITED TIME EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION IS $50
|Fees will go up in $5 increments as the tourney date gets closer. The final tournament fee will be $65. The earlier you sign up, the more you save! PLUS, we’ll be scheduling pre-tournament prize give-aways for entrants. Only paid entrants will be eligible for these give-aways.|
Minors are eligible, but MUST contact Ron Strauss firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-639-1947 to complete parental waiver at least 1 week prior to tournament. All adults agree to sign a liability waiver at the Captain’s meeting.
NOTE: you can use your Paypal account to make payment OR you go to the bottom of the payment window and click the grey button to pay with a debit or credit card.
To sign up, complete the payment below.
***Official Entrants Listed Below***
|Entry Number:||Name:||City And State|
|1.||Ron Strauss||Roseville, MN|
|2.||KP Enderle||Madison, SD|
|3.||Tom Elliott||Shakopee, MN|
|4.||David Mikkelson||Prior Lake, MN|
|5.||Daniel Zimmerschied||Maplewood, MN|
|6.||Brian Madden||Shakopee, MN|
|7.||Jacob Kaiser||Jordan, MN|
|8.||Adam Schmidt||Dresser, WI|
|9.||Eliseo Conde||Minneapolis, MN|
|10.||Mark Leyde||Cottage Grove, MN|
|12.||Robert Lackner||Monticello, MN|
|13.||Diane Bach||Thief River Falls, MN|
|14.||Benjamin Grams||Big Lake, MN|
|15.||Dwayne Kuhns||Dundas, MN|
|16.||Tim Brolsma||Bloomington, MN|
|17.||Jordan Deutz||Marshall, MN|
|18.||Leslie Kvidera||Chaska, MN|
|19.||Joshua Donato||Minneapolis, MN|