HERE IS THE LINK TO PAY FOR THIS EVENT!
Click Here To Pay / Sign-Up For This Event!
The first 50 paid entrants will get these lures!
Bigger and better for 2019
We’ve changed up the format and rules this year!
- Five (5) members on each team, your team chooses team name and captain
- We reserve the right to change the number of people on teams and add people to your team to allow more new members to participate in this event, it’s about FUN!
- You can choose who is on your team (see caveat above) (all team members MUST sign up and pay the tournament fee or your team is disqualified)
- Online fishing is part 1, destination tournament is part 2
MNKFA can change the rules at any time for any reason to make the event better for all involved, entrants, tournament officials, sponsors and more.
Teams. More will be added as interest grows.
You do NOT need to form or find a team. We will find a team for you to fish with if you sign-up as an individual.
Individual people who sign-up will be added to an existing team or formed in to a new team.
Main goal is having some fun for sure! Individuals, signup! You WILL get on a team. Even if we wind up with just these teams below and some individuals, the individuals will be added to existing teams. The number of fish used to score each team will be established by the final number of anglers on each team.
Paid entrants that will be added to teams: Kyle Johnson, Brian Madden, Casey Gibbons, Josh Johnson
Destination part will be held at: Dennis Frandsen County Park, West Rush Lake, Rush City, Minnesota
Spectacular views from anywhere along the nearly 1 mile of shoreline. A picnic shelter, large paved parking areas with hard surface paths, makes this an attractive site for your special events, family gatherings and company picnics.
1331 N. Lake Drive
Braham, MN 55006
This is a 2 part tournament
Part 1 competition, online tournament
|The Gator Guys||30.25″||33.5″||63.75″|
Here is the agenda for part 1 of the 2019 Big Toothy Team Tournament
Saturday, 12:01am, 8/24/2019, to Saturday, 7am, 9/7/2019: Online fishing. Catch and submit pike or musky and submit big pike / musky to your Captain. Captains will determine if it is the biggest team fish online and that it meets all measuring pic requirements. Captain will submit to the tournament director / judge whose determination on size and acceptance is final. NO ARGUING OR COMPLAINING OR YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED from the entire tournament with NO REFUNDS.
Part 2 competition, destination tournament
|The Gator Guys||30.25″||33.5″||26.0″||44.0″||133.75″|
Here is the agenda for part 2 of the 2019 Big Toothy Team Tournament
Saturday 9/7/2019, 7:00AM MANDATORY!: Check in at West Rush Lake shelter for the MANDATORY Captain’s meeting where we’ll go over all the rules, fill out waivers, and give you the control image. FAILURE TO BE AT THIS MEETING WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION!
Saturday 9/7/2019 8:00am: You can launch at any public launch on West Rush Lake. You may NOT use any private access to the water for this tournament. ONLY public access that is available to all is allowed.
Saturday 9/7/2019 1:00pm: You MUST be physically back at the tournament headquarters. Turn in photos of your catch to the tournament director if you could not or did not email your photos. Have a soft drink and chit-chat with fellow kayak anglers. YOU MUST BE BACK BY THIS TIME. THIS IS MANDATORY. IF YOU ARE LATE, YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
Saturday 9/7/2019 1:00pm to 2:00pm: We’ll have lunch for you at the tournament headquarters. Bring your appetite and some B.S. to share with others!
Saturday 9/7/2019 2:00pm to 2:30pm: We’ll announce the scores of the combined online and destination tournament, then give away a few prizes as fast as we can.
Interpretation of these rules will be left exclusively to tournament officials whose decisions are final. ***We (MNKFA) reserve the right to change, or add rules to ensure the competition is fair and equal to all participants and respectful to sponsors.***
Tournament director: Tony Heimkes
1. Registration: Registration for The 2019 Big Toothy Team Kayak Fishing Tournament closes 8/23/2019 at 5:00pm or when all spots are sold. Exact number of teams and anglers TBD.
2. Requirements: This tournament is strictly catch, photo and release. Tournament control image will be supplied prior to online fishing. Destination (part 2) control image will be given out at the event. Control image must be in the photo with your catch. Your photo must include a fish measuring device like a Hawg Trough for fish under 30″, Rapala measuring board for fish over 30″. You may pinch the tail and then release it, the mouth of the fish can be open and MUST BE AND RESTING AGAINST THE ZERO MARK ON THE RULER WITH NO HANDS OR ANY OTHER ITEM (FISH GRIPS, ETC.) COVERING THE MOUTH OR TAIL AREA OF THE FISH. The ruler marks must be easily legible in your photo submission. The Control Card must appear in each photo submitted. Failure to include this will disqualify your entry.
3. Scoring: The tournament will feature Northern Pike and Musky. Each team member will be scored on the longest pike or musky they submit that adheres to the rules. You can upgrade your smallest fish submitted with a larger one at anytime during tournament fishing hours, per part 1 and part 2 rules. Your total will be added to your team total to determine the winning team. These rules may change based on how final teams are established.
4. Start and Finish Times: Tournament fishing for Part 1 will begin at 12:01 am CST 08-24-2019. End of the tournament fishing for Part 1 will be 7:00am CST 09-7-2018.
Tournament fishing for Part 2 destination will begin at 8:00am CST 09-7-2019. End of online tournament fishing for Part 2 destination will be Saturday, 1pm CST 9-7-2019.
All entry submissions MUST be received in the time periods defined above. We’re NOT responsible for any connectivity issues!!! Send your entries early. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
5. Event Details: This event is an opportunity to spend time together as a group and get to know one another. There will be lunch and an award ceremony following the close of Part 2 at West Rush Lake headquarters.
6. Catch: All fish must be taken with a fishing rod, line and ONLY during tournament fishing hours. Participant must fish from a human powered kayak, NO OTHER BOAT TYPES ARE ALLOWED. Only ONE angler may be in the kayak. No gas or electric motors are allowed for the destination part of the tournament! Absolutely no other method will be permitted.
7. Safety: We strongly encourage that a PFD be worn. Bring a whistle with as well, another practice that should be followed while paddling. Entrants must be in accordance with state regulations. Safe boating conduct must be observed at all times.
8. Sportsmanship: Sportsmanship, courtesy, safety and conservation are expected from each angler. Any infraction of these fundamental sporting principles may be cause for disqualification. All participants must follow the DNR regulations in effect on the waters they are fishing.
9. Fishing Boundaries:
PART 1: You MUST fish and launch ONLY on lakes in MN, IA, WI, ND or SD. You may only access the lake, river or stream via a public access anyone can use.
PART 2: You can only fish on East or West Rush Lake.
10. Weather: Anglers are to exercise their own best judgment for safety when considering whether to fish or not.
11. Cheating Inquiries: Any inquiries of cheating will be handled by Tournament Officials, and polygraph tests may be used to settle any cheating disputes. Person(s) bringing allegations assumes all costs for any polygraph testing. Person(s) making any cheating allegations agrees that their name will be made public. MNKFA also may require winners to take a voice stress analysis test to confirm winners honestly can claim they followed all the rules.
12. Prizes: Prizes will be determined once we know the final number of participants and teams.
13. Board Member Participation: Board members, employees of sponsors or owners of sponsor companies are eligible to register, sign-up and win any prizes and subject to all the same scrutiny as any other entrant. In other words, if they win honestly, honorably and according to the rules, they win and deserve the appropriate gains from their investment (entry cost).
14. Waiver: Submitting any form and payment for this tournament is your agreement to the above rules, regulations, terms and conditions, liability acknowledgement, otherwise the angler is ineligible to participate. You MUST be over 18 years of age and show valid identification at the captains meeting to be officially entered in this event and sign a waiver in person at the captains meeting. Minors are eligible to participate only if accompanied 100% of the time during this event by a parent who signs a waiver for the minor. You MUST be present and on-time at the captains meeting in the morning. You MUST be present and on-time and back to tournament headquarters. You MUST follow all rules to win a prize in this event.
15. Prize Winner Qualification: You MUST be in attendance at the post fish award ceremony for Part 2 to be eligible for any prizes that will be awarded or given away at that event.
NOTE: MNKFA board reserves the right to make changes to the rules at any time in the spirit of making the tournament more fair and equal to all participants and sponsors.
No refunds will be made for any reason once you have signed up.