NEW! Month Long Online Kayak Bass Fishing Tournaments
Link to pdf for control image: CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
MNKFA 5•4•5 payout details for June, 2019:
1 – $500
2 – $350
3 – $200
4 – $150
5 – $100
6 – $75
7 – $55
Link to tournament standings:
Open to all kayak anglers in MN, IA, SD, ND and WI. You can fish any water in the 5 state area for a full month. We’ll use Tourney X to keep score. Your top 5 bass make up your score each month.
Each month is a new tournament. You start with a score of zero and go catch your best 5 bass for that month. The first tournament starts in June 2019. Followed by a tournament in July, August, September and October.
It’s 5 fish for 5 monthly tournaments for kayak anglers in the 5 state area. You can choose to only do one of them…or sign up every month. The payout each month will depend on the number of entries.
We’re working up the full rules and getting things set-up. Watch the MNKFA Facebook page for more details.
Interpretation of these rules will be left exclusively to tournament officials whose decisions are final.
1. Registration: YOU MUST SIGN UP BEFORE EACH MONTHLY TOURNAMENT STARTS. YOU must sign up and register on tourneyX.com , NOT MNKFA WEBSITE. WE WILL PROVIDE THE LINK WHEN READY. EVERY MONTH IS A NEW TOURNAMENT SO YOU MUST RE-ENTER AND REGISTER BEFORE THE NEW MONTH STARTS.
2. Requirements: A pdf image will be emailed to all participants prior to each month. There will also be a link on TourneyX.com in the tournament home page. this link will direct you to a PDF image as well. THIS PDF WILL HAVE A CODE ON IT EACH MONTH. YOU MUST HAVE THE CORRECT CODE FOR THE MONTH YOU ARE FISHING. THIS CODE WILL CHANGE EVERY MONTH. Print this letter size sheet, put it in a zip lock bag and place in the photo with your catch. (Only the tournament card with codes must be showing in your photo) Your photo must include a fish measuring device like a Hawg Trough or similar measuring device. YOUR “LOCATION SERVICES” MUST BE TURNED ON IN YOUR CELLPHONE WHEN TAKING PHOTOS FOR SUBMITTING.
You may pinch the tail, the mouth of the fish can be open or closed and at the bottom of mouth touching the left edge of your measuring device. The ruler marks must be easily legible in the photo submitted. The printed tournament pdf image must appear in each photo submitted. ANY alteration that promotes products or services added to the control image will be immediately disqualified! Failure to include this control image will disqualify your entry. For further information on photo measuring requirements, click here (opens in a new window).
3. Start and Finish Times: Tournament will begin at 12:01 am CST ON THE 1ST DAY OF EACH MONTH (June-October). End of the tournament will be at midnight CST ON THE LAST DAY OF EACH MONTH. All photo entries must be SUBMITTED via the TourneyX website and received by the end of the tournament each month. We are NOT responsible for ANY submissions that are not in by midnight. We advise you to send earlier. NO exceptions will be made.
4. Catch: All fish must be taken with a fishing rod, line and hook with artificial bait only on the days of the tournament during tournament hours. Participant must fish from a human powered kayak, only ONE angler in the kayak. ONLY water craft listed as a kayak by the manufacturer of the vessel are eligible. Gas or electric motors ARE allowed on kayaks only for this online tournament! Absolutely no other method will be permitted.
5. Safety: A PFD must be either worn or on board each watercraft in accordance with state regulations where you are fishing. Safe boating conduct must be observed at all times.
6. Sportsmanship: Sportsmanship, courtesy, safety and conservation are expected from each angler. Any infraction of these fundamental sporting principles may be cause for disqualification. All participants must follow the DNR regulations in effect on the waters they are fishing.
7. Fishing Boundaries: Fish must be caught in the waters of Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota, South Dakota or Iowa. YOUR “LOCATION SERVICES” MUST BE TURNED ON IN YOUR CELLPHONE WHEN TAKING PHOTOS FOR SUBMITTING.
8. Weather: Anglers are to exercise their own best judgment for safety when considering whether to fish or not.
9. Cheating Inquiries: Any inquiries of cheating will be handled by Tournament Officials, and polygraph tests may be used to settle any cheating disputes. The challenging party agrees to pay for polygraph test costs. Challenging party agrees to be identified as the party making any accusations.
10. Prizes: The prizes for these 545 tournaments are CASH. Each month’s payout will change depending on participation numbers. The more entries, the more cash payout. We will pay out to the top 3 each month, if there are enough participants. $5 of your entry fee goes to TourneyX fees, $2 goes to Paypal. The rest will be payed back to the entrants in cash prize.
NEW! Announced 5/23/2019!
MNKFA will add an EXTRA $100 to the first place prize winner!
NEW! Announced 5/30/2019!
1st place is guaranteed a $500 payout, this includes the extra $100 added by MNKFA.
11. Waiver: Submitting the entry form constitutes your agreement to ALL rules, regulations, waivers, terms and conditions, liability acknowledgement, otherwise the angler is ineligible to participate.
12. Ties: In case of a tie, the first fish submitted gets preference.
13. Your entry: You may NOT buy, sell, trade, swap, give away or pass on tournament entry spots. ONLY MNKFA tournament officials can authorize who is officially entered/registered in our events. MNKFA reserves the right to disqualify anyone who signs up, but has broken ANY MNKFA rules on any MNKFA media or events.
NOTE: Rules and regulations can change at the discretion of the MNKFA board and the tournament director to make things as fair as possible to all entrants or sponsors or discipline bad behavior on the part of an entrant.
Once the tournament has started, submit your entry via TOURNEYX.COM OR THEIR MOBILE APP. Your entry will be reviewed and MUST meet all the rules for acceptable entries. This page will be updated when the tournament judge has time. The top 3 current entries will be posted with a date on this page and on facebook.