WIN A 2020 HOBIE OUTBACK FROM HI TEMPO!
First place wins one standard color Hobie Outback.
Check out the details of the Hobie Outback on the Hi Tempo website.
***THIS TOURNAMENT IS SOLD OUT***
Here is the agenda for the 2020 Chris Nelson Memorial kayak fishing tournament
Tournament Director is Anthony Heimkes
firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-669-5759
***MNKFA reserves the right to change any details***
Saturday 6/13/2020, 7:00AM MANDATORY!: Check in at the tournament headquarters for the MANDATORY Captain’s meeting where we’ll go over all the rules, fill out and sign waivers, and give you the control image. FAILURE TO BE AT THIS MEETING WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION!
Saturday 8:00am: You can launch at any public launch on Chisago Lake or South Lindstrom Lake. You may NOT use any private access to the water for this tournament. ONLY public access that is available to all is allowed.
Saturday 3:00pm: You MUST be physically back to the tournament headquarters. Turn in photos of your catch to the tournament director if you could not or did not post photos on Tourney X. Have a soft drink and chit-chat with fellow kayak anglers. Check out the prize give aways. YOU MUST BE BACK BY THIS TIME. THIS IS MANDATORY. IF YOU ARE LATE, YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
!!!SAFETY!!! Everyone is required to check back in with the tournament director at the end of fishing. You do not need to stay for the awards ceremony if you did NOT win a prize. We MUST know you are off the water safely. If you won a top prize, you MUST attend the awards ceremony to claim the prize. If you are not at the awards ceremony, your prize goes to the next highest finisher attending the awards ceremony.
Saturday 3:00pm to 3:30pm: Have a drink and chit-chat with other kayak anglers.
Saturday 3:30pm to 4:15pm: We’ll have a barbecue dinner.
Saturday 4:15pm to 4:45pm: We’ll announce the winners of the tournament, then give away lots of prizes as fast as we can.
The rest of the weekend: You’re on your own. No formal plans. Find a new friend and go out fish with them!
Minnesota Kayak Fishing Association Rules (Rules are subject to change)
*Interpretation of these rules will be left exclusively to tournament officials whose decisions are final. We (MNKFA) reserve the right to change, or add rules to ensure the competition is fair and equal to all participants and sponsors. Rules may be prior to event start. Any rules changed will be announced at the mornings captains meeting prior to the held event.
1. Registration: Registration for The Chris Nelson Memorial Kayak Fishing Tournament will be announced a week prior to opening on facebook. Registration will end Friday, June 12, 2020 at 5:00pm central standard time or when all 75 spots are sold. Registration is open to anyone 18 years of age or above and a valid member of MNKFA. Anyone under 18 must have a parent or guardian present and fill out any necessary forms or documents provided by MNKFA. (See cancellation policies for cancellations.)
2. Requirements: MNKFA tournaments are strictly catch and release. A Tournament control image will be supplied at the live events (Online tournaments will be sent out before hand). The control image must be in the photo with your catch. Your photo must include a fish measuring device like a Hawg Trough or similar tournament-approved measuring device (see measuring requirements). The ruler marks must be easily legible in your photo submission. The Control image must appear in each photo submitted. Failure to include this will disqualify your entry. All submissions MUST conform to current measuring rules for MNKFA on this page: Fish measuring / pic submission rules
3. Scoring: The tournament will feature Bass (both large and small mouth only). Longest combined length of FIVE (5) top bass WINS! You can upgrade your smallest fish submitted with a larger one at anytime during tournament fishing hours. Fish submissions should be submitted immediately after your catch via the Tourney X app. If you encounter any problems, text, call or contact Tony: email@example.com or text or call to 612-669-5759.
4. Start and Finish Times: Tournament fishing will begin at 8:00 am CST 06-13-2020. End of the tournament fishing will be 3:00 pm CST 06-13-2020. All photo entries must be posted on Tourney X, by 3:00 pm CST 06-13-2020. If you are not able to post on Tourney X, YOU MUST IMMEDIATELY CONTACT TONY! We are NOT responsible for any internet connectivity issues!!! Final winner is determined by the tournament director.
5. Event Details: This event is an opportunity to spend time together as a group and get to know one another. There will be prizes and an award ceremony following the close of each tournament at tournament headquarters. All winners MUST be present at the award ceremony or they forfeit any winnings.
6. Catch: All fish must be taken with a fishing rod, line and artificial lures on the day of the tournament during tournament fishing hours. You must remain in full compliance with law enforcement rules per the state you are fishing! Participants must fish from a human powered kayak, NO OTHER BOAT TYPES ARE ALLOWED. Only ONE person may be in the kayak. No gas or electric motors are allowed (unless its an online event, all live events are human powered only!) Absolutely no other method will be permitted. All vessels must be classified as a kayak from the manufacturer.
7. Safety: We strongly suggest that a PFD be worn and have an audible signaling device. Kayakers must be in accordance with state regulations. Safe Kayaking conduct must be observed at all times. NO alcohol or controlled substance can be used or allowed in the kayak during tournament hours.
8. Sportsmanship: Sportsmanship, courtesy, safety and conservation are expected from each angler. Any infraction of these fundamental sporting principles may be cause for a disqualification. All participants must follow the DNR regulations in effect on the waters they are fishing.
9. Fishing Boundaries: You MUST fish and launch ONLY on approved waters. Plus, you MUST be at the Captains meeting in the morning at 7:00am AND back to tournament headquarters by 3:00pm.
10. Weather: Anglers are to exercise their own best judgment for safety when considering whether to fish or not. Launch may be delayed or cancelled due to unsafe conditions as determined by the tournament director.
11. Cheating Inquiries: The University of Minnesota will be handling lie detector tests. Any inquiries of cheating will be handled by Tournament Officials and the University of Minnesota Law practices. Polygraph tests may be used to settle any cheating disputes. Person(s) bringing allegations assumes all costs for any polygraph testing. Person(s) making any cheating allegations agrees that their name will be made public. MNKFA also may require winners to take a voice stress test, provided and conducted by the university analysis team to test and confirm winners authenticity to prove they followed all the rules
12. Prizes: Prizes will differ from each event, live and online. Applicable tax laws will be adhered to, Major prizes will be announced prior to each event. An IRS 1099 form may be required to major prize winners.
13. Board Member Participation: Board members, employees of sponsors or owners of sponsor companies are eligible to register, sign-up and win any prizes and subject to all the same scrutiny as any other entrant. In other words, if they win honestly, honorably and according to the rules and law, they win and deserve the appropriate gains from their investment (entry cost).
14. Waiver: Submitting the form and payment is your agreement to the above rules, regulations, terms and conditions, liability acknowledgement, otherwise the angler is ineligible to participate. You MUST be over 18 years of age and show valid identification at the captains meeting to be officially entered in the event. Minors are eligible to participate only if accompanied 100% of the time during this event by a parent who signs a waiver for the minor.
15. Ties: All ties are at the tournament directors discretion. Ties will be decided by first fish, biggest fish and/or time submitted.
16. Cancellation: If you MUST cancel your signup prior to the tournament: SEE REFUND/CANCELLATION POLICY FOR TOURNAMENTS.
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THESE RULES COULD RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION AND FORFEITURE OF ANY WINNINGS.
Knowledge of these rules is the responsibility of each contestant. Failure to read these rules or ignorance of them is no excuse.
Waiting list, 2020 Chris Nelson Memorial Tournament
If the tournament sells out, you can add your name to the waiting list. Sometimes people will need to give up their spot in a tournament due to unforeseen circumstances. If a spot opens up, the first person on the waiting list will be notified via email that a spot is open. That person will have 24 hours to make the payment and claim the open spot. If the entry fee is not paid, the offer to sign up will go to the next person.