70560 229th St
***SOLD OUT*** 2020 Lightning Kayaks Tournament ***SOLD OUT***
CHECK OUT THE SPECS ON THIS FISHING KAYAK, LEARN MORE
Here is the agenda for the 2020 Lightning Strike Kayak Fishing Tournament
Tournament Director is Anthony Heimkes
firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-669-5759
This tournament is limited to 50 entrants.
***All details are subject to MNKFA change***
Minnesota Kayak Fishing Association Rules (Rules are subject to change)
*Interpretation of these rules will be left exclusively to tournament officials whose decisions are final. We (MNKFA) reserve the right to change, or add rules to ensure the competition is fair and equal to all participants and sponsors. Rules may be prior to event start. Any rules changed will be announced at the mornings captains meeting prior to the held event.
1. Registration: Registration for Kayak Fishing Tournaments will be announced no less than a week prior to opening on the MNKFA facebook page and MNKFA website. Registration is open to anyone 18 years of age or above and a valid member of MNKFA. Anyone under 18 must have a parent or guardian present and fill out any necessary forms or documents provided by MNKFA. (See cancellation policies for cancellations.)
2. Requirements: MNKFA tournaments are strictly catch and release. A Tournament control image will be supplied at the live events (Online tournaments will be sent out before hand). The control image must be in the photo with your catch. Your photo must include a fish measuring device like a Hawg Trough or similar tournament-approved measuring device (see measuring requirements). The ruler marks must be easily legible in your photo submission. The Control image must appear in each photo submitted. Failure to include this will disqualify your entry. All submissions MUST conform to current measuring rules for MNKFA on this page: Fish measuring / pic submission rules
3. Scoring: The tournament will feature Bass (both large and small mouth only). Longest combined length of FIVE (5) top bass WINS! You can upgrade your smallest fish submitted with a larger one at anytime during tournament fishing hours. Fish submissions can be sent to Anthony Heimkes at email@example.com or text to 612-669-5759. All fish may have open or closed mouth. Scoring will be done by the tournament director. Entries will be submitted via email, text or TourneyX. (details on submitting will be announced prior to events) ALL fish submitted MUST meet fish measuring requirements. If you’re NOT able to email, text or TourneyX, you must be in the line at tournament headquarters to give your submission to the tournament official before the set time frame. We are NOT responsible for any internet connectivity issues!!! Or travel problems. Send your entries early. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
4. Start and Finish Times: Tournament fishing times that are provided by MNKFA are subject to change by the MNKFA board. Your submission photos must be turned in upon the timeline requested per tournament.
5. Event Details: This event is an opportunity to spend time together as a group and get to know one another. There will be prizes and an award ceremony following the close of each tournament at tournament headquarters. All winners MUST be present at the award ceremony or they forfeit any winnings.
6. Catch: All fish must be taken with a fishing rod, line and artificial lures on the day of the tournament during tournament fishing hours. You must remain in full compliance with law enforcement rules per the state you are fishing! Participants must fish from a human powered kayak, NO OTHER BOAT TYPES ARE ALLOWED. Only ONE person may be in the kayak. No gas or electric motors are allowed (unless its an online event, all live events are human powered only!) Absolutely no other method will be permitted. All vessels must be classified as a kayak from the manufacturer.
7. Safety: We strongly suggest that a PFD be worn and have an audible signaling device. Kayakers must be in accordance with state regulations. Safe Kayaking conduct must be observed at all times. NO alcohol or controlled substance can be used or allowed in the kayak during tournament hours.
8. Sportsmanship: Sportsmanship, courtesy, safety and conservation are expected from each angler. Any infraction of these fundamental sporting principles may be cause for a disqualification. All participants must follow the DNR regulations in effect on the waters they are fishing.
9. Fishing Boundaries: You MUST fish and launch ONLY from the listed lakes and ramps provided by MNKFA. You MUST be at the Captains meeting in the morning AND back to tournament headquarters by the time frame set by MNKFA. Failure to do so will result in your disqualification from the tournament.
10. Weather: Anglers are to exercise their own best judgment for safety when considering whether to fish or not. Launch may be delayed or cancelled due to unsafe conditions as determined by the tournament director.
11. Cheating Inquiries: The University of Minnesota will be handling lie detector tests. Any inquiries of cheating will be handled by Tournament Officials and the University of Minnesota Law practices. Polygraph tests may be used to settle any cheating disputes. Person(s) bringing allegations assumes all costs for any polygraph testing. Person(s) making any cheating allegations agrees that their name will be made public. MNKFA also may require winners to take a voice stress test, provided and conducted by the university analysis team to test and confirm winners authenticity to prove they followed all the rules
12. Prizes: Prizes will differ from each event, live and online. Applicable tax laws will be adhered to, Major prizes will be announced prior to each event. An IRS 1099 form may be required to major prize winners.
13. Board Member Participation: Board members, employees of sponsors or owners of sponsor companies are eligible to register, sign-up and win any prizes and subject to all the same scrutiny as any other entrant. In other words, if they win honestly, honorably and according to the rules and law, they win and deserve the appropriate gains from their investment (entry cost).
14. Waiver: Submitting the form and payment is your agreement to the above rules, regulations, terms and conditions, liability acknowledgement, otherwise the angler is ineligible to participate. You MUST be over 18 years of age and show valid identification at the captains meeting to be officially entered in the event. Minors are eligible to participate only if accompanied 100% of the time during this event by a parent who signs a waiver for the minor.
15. Ties: All ties are at the tournament directors discretion. Ties will be decided by first fish, biggest fish and/or time submitted.
16. Cancellation: If you MUST cancel your signup prior to the tournament: SEE REFUND/CANCELLATION POLICY FOR TOURNAMENTS.
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THESE RULES COULD RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION AND FORFEITURE OF ANY WINNINGS.
Knowledge of these rules is the responsibility of each contestant. Failure to read these rules or ignorance of them is no excuse.