CHECK OUT THE SPECS ON THESE FISHING KAYAKS, CLICK HERE
Click link below for event on Tourney X:
Here is the agenda for the 2020 Vibe Kayak Fishing Tournament
Sakatah Lake, Lower Sakatah Lake & Tetonka Lake are the waters you can fish.
Waterville, MN is closest town.
Tournament Director is Anthony Heimkes
firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-669-5759
***Small details are subject to MNKFA change***
Morning Captain’s meeting
Morning meeting will be at Sakatah State Park. Meeting will start at 6:30am, get there a bit earlier to get signed in or your boat unloaded. If you stay in the park and camp or launch at the park, you will need a State Park permit. If you ONLY come to the State Park in the morning for the Captain’s Meeting and leave to launch elsewhere, the Park is okay with you coming in for the Captain’s Meeting ONLY without a permit. The meeting will be at the picnic area, highlighted in yellow, in the map shown above. If you are going to launch from the State Park, get to the launch parking lot and get a spot in the launch parking lot, highlighted in green on the map above before coming to the Captain’s meeting. If you are NOT going to launch from the State Park, please do NOT take a spot in the launch parking lot (green highlighted area).
Close of fishing time
Tourney X will stop taking entries at 3pm.
After fishing meeting and awards ceremony
Will be at Bullhead’s Bar And Grill.
Address: 256 E Main St E, Waterville, MN 56096
Phone: (507) 362-4881
You MUST be present and check in at Bullheads by 4:00 pm. It is important that you check in so we know you are off the water and safe.
MNKFA will NOT be providing food or drink. Please order from our host, Bullheads Bar & Grill.
Minnesota Kayak Fishing Association Rules (Rules are subject to change)
*Interpretation of these rules will be left exclusively to tournament officials whose decisions are final. We (MNKFA) reserve the right to change, or add rules to ensure the competition is fair and equal to all participants and sponsors. Rules may be prior to event start. Any rules changed will be announced at the mornings captains meeting prior to the held event.
1. Registration: Registration for the 2020 Vibe Kayak Fishing Tournament will be announced a week prior to opening on facebook and on this web page. Registration will end Friday, May 22, 2020 at 5:30pm central standard time or when all 75 spots are sold. Registration is open to anyone 18 years of age or above and a valid member of MNKFA. Anyone under 18 must have a parent or guardian present and fill out any necessary forms or documents provided by MNKFA. (See cancellation policies for cancellations.)
2. Requirements: MNKFA tournaments are strictly catch and release. A Tournament control image will be supplied at the live events (Online tournaments will be sent out before hand). The control image must be in the photo with your catch. Your photo must include a fish measuring device like a Hawg Trough or similar tournament-approved measuring device (see measuring requirements). The ruler marks must be easily legible in your photo submission. The Control image must appear in each photo submitted. Failure to include this will disqualify your entry. All submissions MUST conform to current measuring rules for MNKFA on this page: Fish measuring / pic submission rules
3. Scoring: The tournament will feature Bass (both large and small mouth only). Longest combined length of FIVE (5) top bass WINS! You can upgrade your smallest fish submitted with a larger one at anytime during tournament fishing hours. Fish submissions must be posted on the Tourney X MNKFA, Vibe Tournament site. If you have any problems, contact Anthony Heimkes at email@example.com or text to 612-669-5759.
4. Start and Finish Times: Tournament fishing will begin once the Captain’s Meeting is over. End of the tournament fishing will be 3:00 pm CST 05-23-2020. All photo entries must be posted on the Tourney X site by 3:00 pm CST 05-23-2020. We are NOT responsible for any internet connectivity issues!!! Send your entries early. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
5. Event Details: This event is an opportunity to spend time together as a group and get to know one another. There will be prizes and an award ceremony following the close of each tournament at tournament headquarters. All winners MUST be present at the award ceremony or you forfeit any winnings.
6. Catch: All fish must be taken with a fishing rod, line and artificial lures on the day of the tournament during tournament fishing hours. You must remain in full compliance with law enforcement rules per the state you are fishing! Participants must fish from a human powered kayak, NO OTHER BOAT TYPES ARE ALLOWED. Only ONE person may be in the kayak. No gas or electric motors are allowed (unless its an online event, all live events are human powered only!) Absolutely no other method will be permitted. All vessels must be classified as a kayak from the manufacturer.
7. Safety: We strongly suggest that a PFD be worn and have an audible signaling device. Kayakers must be in accordance with state regulations. Safe Kayaking conduct must be observed at all times. NO alcohol or controlled substance can be used or allowed in the kayak during tournament hours.
8. Sportsmanship: Sportsmanship, courtesy, safety and conservation are expected from each angler. Any infraction of these fundamental sporting principles may be cause for a disqualification. All participants must follow the DNR regulations in effect on the waters they are fishing.
9. Fishing Boundaries: You MUST fish and launch ONLY on approved waters. Plus, you MUST be at the Captains meeting in the morning at 6:30am AND back to Bullheads Bar and Grill, tournament headquarters by 4:00pm. You MUST check in after fishing at Bullheads Bar and Grill.
10. Weather: Anglers are to exercise their own best judgment for safety when considering whether to fish or not. Launch may be delayed or cancelled due to unsafe conditions as determined by the tournament director.
11. Cheating Inquiries: The University of Minnesota will be handling lie detector tests. Any inquiries of cheating will be handled by Tournament Officials and the University of Minnesota Law practices. Polygraph tests may be used to settle any cheating disputes. Person(s) bringing allegations assumes all costs for any polygraph testing. Person(s) making any cheating allegations agrees that their name will be made public. MNKFA also may require winners to take a voice stress test, provided and conducted by the university analysis team to test and confirm winners authenticity to prove they followed all the rules
12. Prizes: Prizes will differ from each MNKFA event, live and online. Applicable tax laws will be adhered to, Major prizes will be announced prior to each event. An IRS 1099 form may be required to major prize winners.
13. Board Member Participation: Board members, employees of sponsors or owners of sponsor companies are eligible to register, sign-up and win any prizes and subject to all the same scrutiny as any other entrant. In other words, if they win honestly, honorably and according to the rules and law, they win and deserve the appropriate gains from their investment (entry cost).
14. Waiver: You agree to complete a waiver. Submitting the form and payment is your agreement to the above rules, regulations, terms and conditions, liability acknowledgement, otherwise the angler is ineligible to participate. You MUST be over 18 years of age and show valid identification at the captains meeting to be officially entered in the event. Minors are eligible to participate only if accompanied 100% of the time during this event by a parent who signs a waiver for the minor.
15. Ties: All ties are at the tournament directors discretion. Ties will be decided by first fish, biggest fish and/or time submitted.
16. Cancellation: If you MUST cancel your signup prior to the tournament: SEE REFUND/CANCELLATION POLICY FOR TOURNAMENTS.
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THESE RULES COULD RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION AND FORFEITURE OF ANY WINNINGS.
Knowledge of these rules is the responsibility of each contestant. Failure to read these rules or ignorance of them is no excuse.
If the tournament sells out, get on the waiting list
Complete and submit the form below. This is the ONLY way you can get on the waiting list. Spots that open will filled on a first form submitted basis.