Funkbuster Baits Fishing Contest And Get Together
Sign-up will open Thursday, 6/27/2019
This event is limited to the first 25 people that sign-up. We’re getting some great bait sets from Funkbusters. We have the shelter reserved and we’ll have lunch after we are all done fishing. The event is on Lake Ann and Lucy, a favorite kayak fishing destination for many of us. The winning bag in this years Lightning Strike Tournament was caught there.
Here’s the baits you’ll get and the only lures you can use for the fishing contest that day, $40 MSRP
You’ll also be included in a drawing for one lure from 13 Fishing!
You’ll also be able to use the lure you get in the fishing contest that day.
The fishing contest will use your best Largemouth Bass combined with your best Northern Pike in combination for your score.
Here is the agenda
***Small details are subject to MNKFA change***
Saturday 7/27/2019, 7:00AM MANDATORY!: Check in at the shelter headquarters for the MANDATORY Captain’s meeting where we’ll go over all the rules, fill out and sign waivers, and give you the control image. FAILURE TO BE AT THIS MEETING WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION!
Saturday 8:00am: You can launch at any public launch. You may NOT use any private access to the water for this tournament. ONLY public access that is available to all is allowed.
Saturday 1:00pm: You MUST be physically back at tournament headquarters. Turn in photos of your catch to the tournament director if you could not or did not email your photos. Have a soft drink and chit-chat with fellow kayak anglers. Check out the prize give aways. YOU MUST BE BACK BY THIS TIME. THIS IS MANDATORY. IF YOU ARE LATE, YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
!!!SAFETY!!! Everyone is required to check back in with the tournament director at the end of fishing. You do not need to stay for the awards ceremony if you did NOT win a prize. We MUST know you are off the water safely. If you fail to check in after fishing, you will be banned from participating in tournaments for one year. If you won a top prize, you MUST attend the awards ceremony to claim the prize. If you are not at the awards ceremony, your prize goes to the next highest finisher attending the awards ceremony.
Saturday 1:00pm to 2:00pm: Have a drink and chit-chat with other kayak anglers. We’ll have a lunch for everyone entered in the event.
Saturday 2:00pm to 2:30pm: We’ll announce the winners of the tournament and give away prizes to the top 5 finishers.
The rest of the weekend: You’re on your own. No formal plans. Find a new friend and go out fish with them!
Minnesota Kayak Fishing Association rules for this tournament (rules subject to change)
Interpretation of these rules will be left exclusively to tournament officials whose decisions are final. We (MNKFA) reserve the right to change, or add rules to ensure the competition is fair and equal to all participants and sponsors.
1. Registration: Registration for The Funkbuster Baits Fishing Contest will be open soon. Registration will end 7/26/2019 at 5pm or when all 25 spots are sold.
2. Requirements: This tournament is strictly catch and release. Tournament control card will be supplied at the event. Control Card must be in the photo with your catch. Your photo must include a fish measuring device like a Hawg Trough or similar tournament-approved measuring device. The ruler marks must be easily legible in your photo submission. The Control Card must appear in each photo submitted. Failure to include this will disqualify your entry. All submissions MUST conform to current rules on this page: Fish measuring / pic submission rules
3. Scoring: The tournament will feature Largemouth Bass and Northern Pike. Longest combined length of TWO (2) top fish from each species WINS! You can upgrade your smallest fish submitted with a larger one at anytime during tournament fishing hours.
4. Start and Finish Times: Contest fishing will begin at 8:00 am CST 07-27-2019. End of contest fishing will be 1:00 pm CST 06-22-2019. All photo entries must be emailed AND received by 1:00 pm CST 07-27-2019. If you’re not able to email, you must be in the line at tournament headquarters to give your submission to the tournament official by 1:00pm CST 07-27-2019. We are NOT responsible for any internet connectivity issues!!! Send your entries early. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
5. Event Details: This event is an opportunity to spend time together as a group and get to know one another. All winners MUST be present at the award ceremony or they forfeit any winnings. There will be a very limited number of give aways at this event, they will be for the top finishers ONLY.
6. Catch: All fish must be taken with a fishing rod, line and the Funkbusters artificial lures supplied on the day of the tournament during tournament fishing hours. Participants must fish from a human powered kayak, NO OTHER BOAT TYPES ARE ALLOWED. Only ONE angler may be in the kayak. No gas or electric motors are allowed! Absolutely no other method will be permitted.
7. Safety: We strongly encourage that a PFD be worn. Bring a whistle with as well, another practice that should be followed while paddling. Kayakers must be in accordance with state regulations. Safe boating conduct must be observed at all times.
8. Sportsmanship: Sportsmanship, courtesy, safety and conservation are expected from each angler. Any infraction of these fundamental sporting principles may be cause for disqualification. All participants must follow the DNR regulations in effect on the waters they are fishing.
9. Fishing Boundaries: You MUST fish and launch ONLY on Lake Ann or Lake Lucy. Plus, you MUST be at the Captains meeting in the morning at 7:00am AND back to tournament headquarters by 1:00pm.
10. Weather: Anglers are to exercise their own best judgment for safety when considering whether to fish or not.
11. Cheating Inquiries: Any inquiries of cheating will be handled by Tournament Officials, and polygraph tests may be used to settle any cheating disputes. Person(s) bringing allegations assumes all costs for any polygraph testing. Person(s) making any cheating allegations agrees that their name will be made public. MNKFA also may require winners to take a voice stress analysis test to confirm winners honestly can claim they followed all the rules.
12. Prizes: Prizes will be only awarded to the top 5 finishers. This a fun get together event. You’ll get a nice deal on some great baits, get lunch and have some fun fishing a casual fishing contest.
13. Board Member Participation: Board members, employees of sponsors or owners of sponsor companies are eligible to register, sign-up and win any prizes and subject to all the same scrutiny as any other entrant. In other words, if they win honestly, honorably and according to the rules, they win and deserve the appropriate gains from their investment (entry cost).
14. Waiver: Submitting your payment is your agreement to the above rules, regulations, terms and conditions, liability acknowledgement, otherwise the angler is ineligible to participate. You MUST be over 18 years of age and show valid identification at the captains meeting to be officially entered in this event and sign a waiver in person at the captains meeting. Minors are eligible to participate only if accompanied 100% of the time during this event by a parent who signs a waiver for the minor. You MUST be present and on-time at the captains meeting in the morning. You MUST be present and on-time and back to tournament headquarters. You MUST follow all rules to win a prize in this event.
Everyone that is officially entered (paid) for this tournament has a chance to win the prizes.
NOTE: MNKFA board reserves the right to make changes to the rules at any time in the spirit of making the tournament more fair and equal to all participants.
No refunds will be made for any reason once you have signed up.
Names are added manually to the entrant list, be patient, I may be out fishing or something.