Signup is open. To enter, use the payment link below. Your name will added to the list below. Names are added manually, be patient.
Open to all kayak anglers in Minnesota. You can fish any water in Minnesota for the duration of this online tournament. Your top 2 Musky will make up your score. You can upgrade submitted fish at any time during the tournament. Below is a sample of how the scoreboard will look.
|Angler Name||Musky #1||Musky #2||TOTAL|
|Gary Gator Sample||36″||42″||78″|
|1. Roger Her|
|2. Mark Leyde|
|3. Joey Vanyo|
|4. Brett Beinke|
|5. Ron Strauss|
|6. Mitch Heil|
|7. Dennis Seurer|
|8. Joshua Donato|
|9. Curtis Matson-Laurent|
|10. Frank Joshua Eha|
|11. Robert Dregney|
|12. Michael Thompson|
|13. David Mikkelson|
|14. Warren Arnold|
|15. James Suhsen|
|16. Ken Schurter|
|17. Ryan Jolly|
The payout will depend on the number of entries. Plus, we have a bunch of musky lures to giveaway to a few of the runner-up finishers. Once we have a final entrant count, we’ll determine payouts and prizes.
Interpretation of these rules will be left exclusively to tournament officials whose decisions are final. We reserve the right to change any rules as we see fit to make things fair to all. No arguing or complaining!
1. Registration: Closes Sunday June 16, 2019 at midnight. If your entry payment is not received by then, you are NOT in the tournament.
2. Requirements: A pdf image will be emailed to all participants. Print this letter size sheet, put it in a zip lock bag and place in the photo with your catch. Your photo must include an approved fish measuring device like a Rapala folding 60″ or Ketch board for large fish. YOUR “LOCATION SERVICES” MUST BE TURNED ON IN YOUR CELLPHONE WHEN TAKING PHOTOS FOR SUBMITTING. You MUST submit any catches within 24 to 48 hours after you catch the fish. NO HOLDING FISH SUBMISSIONS UNTIL THE END OF THE TOURNAMENT!
You may pinch the tail, the mouth of the fish can be open or closed and at the bottom of mouth touching the left edge of your measuring device. The ruler marks must be easily legible in the photo submitted. The printed tournament pdf image must appear in each photo submitted. We must be able to see and identify part of your kayak in the photo. ANY alteration that promotes products or services added to the control image will be immediately disqualified! Failure to include this control image will disqualify your entry. For further information on photo measuring requirements, click here (opens in a new window).
3. Start and Finish Times: Tournament will begin at 12:01 am on June 17, 2019. End of the tournament will be at midnight, Sunday, October 13, 2019. All photo entries must be SUBMITTED by finish time listed. We are NOT responsible for ANY submissions that are not in by midnight. We advise you to send earlier. NO exceptions will be made.
4. Catch: All fish must be taken with a fishing rod, line and hook with artificial bait only on the days of the tournament during tournament hours. Participant must fish from a kayak, only ONE angler in the kayak. ONLY water craft listed as a kayak by the manufacturer of the vessel are eligible. Gas or electric motors ARE allowed on kayaks only for this online tournament! Absolutely no other method will be permitted. You ARE allowed to get help landing and measuring your fish for this tournament.
5. Safety: A PFD must be either worn or on board each watercraft in accordance with state regulations where you are fishing. Safe boating conduct must be observed at all times.
6. Sportsmanship: Sportsmanship, courtesy, safety and conservation are expected from each angler. Any infraction of these fundamental sporting principles may be cause for disqualification. All participants must follow the DNR regulations in effect on the waters they are fishing.
7. Fishing Boundaries: Fish must be caught in the waters of Minnesota. YOUR “LOCATION SERVICES” MUST BE TURNED ON IN YOUR CELLPHONE WHEN TAKING PHOTOS FOR SUBMITTING.
8. Weather: Anglers are to exercise their own best judgment for safety when considering whether to fish or not.
9. Cheating Inquiries: Any inquiries of cheating will be handled by Tournament Officials, and polygraph tests may be used to settle any cheating disputes. The challenging party agrees to pay for polygraph test costs. Challenging party agrees to be identified as the party making any accusations.
10. Prizes: Cash payout will depend on participation numbers. The more entries, the more cash payout. We will list prize details shortly after the tournament has started.
11. Waiver: Submitting the entry payment constitutes your agreement to ALL rules, regulations, waivers, terms and conditions, liability acknowledgement, otherwise the angler is ineligible to participate.
12. Ties: In case of a tie, the first fish submitted gets preference.
13. Your entry: You may NOT buy, sell, trade, swap, give away or pass on tournament entry spots. ONLY MNKFA tournament officials can authorize who is officially entered/registered in our events. MNKFA reserves the right to disqualify anyone who signs up, but has broken ANY MNKFA rules on any MNKFA media or events.
NOTE: Rules and regulations can change at the discretion of the MNKFA board and the tournament director to make things as fair as possible to all entrants or sponsors or discipline bad behavior on the part of an entrant.