Get signed-up for our kayak fishing accessories event!
One of the most common questions asked by kayak anglers is what are the best kayak accessories for me? From newbies to experts, accessories can make the sport more fun, comfortable, productive and safe. MNKFA sponsor Hi Tempo carries a complete line of kayak fishing accessories for all makes and models of kayaks. This event is for all kayak anglers regardless of what boat you ride. Take part in our one day bass tournament, come to the store for FREE food and drink, learn all about kayak fishing accessories, ask questions and have some fun.
Stop in and see RIG-ZILLA! at Hi Tempo, debuting August 21, 2019. We’re rigging the most maxed out, accessorized fishing kayak on the planet! Check out the ridiculous amount of accessories on this kayak.
Get 25% to 50% off in-stock accessories!
August 21-24, 2019 you can get some sweet pricing on the kayak fishing accessories you’ve been wanting. The best accessories from the top names in kayak fishing, RAM, Railblaza, Power-Pole, Hobie, C-Tug and lots more!
(Does not include trailers, roof rack components or fish finders)
Kayaks, end of season pricing
All in-stock kayaks, get a new fishing kayak in time for the hot fall bite!
FREE one day kayak bass fishing tournament.
Fast, easy sign-up. You can fish any water you want that is accessible by public access available to anyone. No private waters or private access waters. This is a 5 best-culled smallmouth or largemouth bass tournament. Winners MUST be at Hi Tempo after fishing for dinner, cold beverages and the Rigging Your Rig presentation: No charge (FREE) to all who sign-up. Come and chat about the season, learn all about kayak fishing accessories and enjoy some food, fun and comaraderie.
1. Registration: Closes Friday, August 23, 2019 at 5pm.
2. Requirements: A pdf image will be posted for all participants Friday evening at 8pm. Print this letter size sheet, put it in a zip lock bag and place in the photo with your catch. (Only the tournament card with codes must be showing in your photo) Your photo must include ONE OF THE FOLLOWING fish measuring devices, Hawg Trough or Ketch measuring device. YOUR “LOCATION SERVICES” MUST BE TURNED ON IN YOUR CELLPHONE WHEN TAKING PHOTOS FOR SUBMITTING.
You may pinch the tail, the mouth of the fish can be open or closed and at the bottom with the mouth touching the left edge of your measuring device. The ruler marks must be easily legible in the photo submitted. The printed tournament pdf image must appear in each photo submitted. ANY alteration that promotes products or services added to the control image will be immediately disqualified! Failure to include this control image will disqualify your entry. For further information on photo measuring requirements, click here (opens in a new window).
3. Start and Finish Times: 6am to 2pm.
4. Catch: All fish must be taken with a fishing rod, line and hook with artificial bait only on the days of the tournament during tournament hours. Participant must fish from a human powered kayak, only ONE angler in the kayak. ONLY water craft listed as a kayak by the manufacturer of the vessel are eligible. No fish sharing, if you submit a fish, you testify that you are the person who hooked and landed the fish. Motors are allowed on kayaks for this online tournament. Absolutely no other method will be permitted.
5. Safety: A PFD must be either worn or on board each watercraft in accordance with state regulations where you are fishing. Safe boating conduct must be observed at all times.
6. Sportsmanship: Sportsmanship, courtesy, safety and conservation are expected from each angler. Any infraction of these fundamental sporting principles may be cause for disqualification. All participants must follow the DNR regulations in effect on the waters they are fishing.
7. Fishing Boundaries: Fish must be caught in the waters of Minnesota, Wisconsin or Iowa.
8. Weather: Anglers are to exercise their own best judgment for safety when considering whether to fish or not.
9. Cheating Inquiries: Any inquiries of cheating will be handled by Tournament Officials, and polygraph tests may be used to settle any cheating disputes. The challenging party agrees to pay for polygraph test costs. Challenging party agrees to be identified as the party making any accusations.
10. Prizes: listed below.
11. Waiver: all entrants are solely responsible for their own safety.
12. Ties: In case of a tie, the first fish submitted gets preference.
13. Your entry: You may NOT buy, sell, trade, swap, give away or pass on tournament entry spots. ONLY MNKFA tournament officials can authorize who is officially entered/registered in our events.
NOTE: Rules and regulations can change at the discretion of the MNKFA board and the tournament director to make things as fair as possible to all entrants or sponsors.
Bass tournament prizes.
Winner gets to pick $100 of in-stock kayak fishing accessories (MSRP prices)
Second place gets to pick $50 of in-stock kayak fishing accessories (MSRP prices)
Third place gets to pick $25 of in-stock kayak fishing accessories (MSRP prices)
Thursday, August 22.
7:00 pm: online Captain’s meeting.
Friday, August 23.
5:00 pm: registration sign-up closes. No exceptions.
5:30 pm: entrants and entrant numbers will be listed on this page.
8:00 pm: control image gets posted on this page and MNKFA social media. The control image will have the information on who to email or text entry submissions to.
Saturday, August 24.
6:00 am: tournament fishing starts (you’re on your honor, please follow this rule).
2:00 pm: tournament fishing ends (you’re on your honor, please follow this rule).
3:00 pm: tournament entrants need to be at Hi Tempo. Ice cold beverages available. Party starts!
Hi Tempo WaterSports
3959 Highway 61
White Bear Lake, MN 55110
3:30 pm to 4:15: food will be served.
4:15 pm to 5:00 pm: Rigging Your Rig Presentation.
5:00 pm to 6:00 pm: question and answer time, announcement of tournament winners and closing of event.
All details are subject to change at the discretion of Hi Tempo or MNKFA