skip to Main Content
MENU

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Zimbotrini 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Author

Ranger1830
    Participant

Brothers, I recently bought a Dakota 12 volt Lithium Battery to power my Fish Finder. The Dakota Lithium is quite a bit lighter than the standard 12 volt. Which I like.

However, the issue I am having is that the terminals on the Dakota battery are slightly wider than on a standard 12 volt and my connectors on my wiring are slightly smaller and don’t fit.

Should I attempt to widen the connecters on the wiring until they fit or is something else going on possibly because the battery is lithium. Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem?

I would also appreciate your thoughts pertaining to the use of lithium batteries in a kayak.

Thanks
    Lou

MTNYAK
    Participant

You might be able to find the right size connectors at an auto parts store. I would buy some heat shrink to cover the crimped ends though just to be on the safe side.

Zimbotrini
    Participant

Was glad to see your post !! I’ve been researching Li-Fe batteries for most of today. I found a 12 amp-hour one for $120, the charger for it was $30. I’m keen to use a Li-Fe battery mainly for how long they last compared to a SLA battery. I can’t think of a reason to not use Lithium battery’s, but agree that the terminal connectors be covered with heat shrink just to be safe.

Zimbotrini
    Participant

[quote quote=11210]Was glad to see your post !! I’ve been researching Li-Fe batteries for most of today. I found a 12 amp-hour one for $120, the charger for it was $30. I’m keen to use a Li-Fe battery mainly for how long they last compared to a SLA battery. I can’t think of a reason to not use Lithium battery’s, but agree that the terminal connectors be covered with heat shrink just to be safe.
    Last cast …. okay, okay … last cast ….. 😃

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.