Join the FUN! Check out these 2020 events!
We have a mix of paid and non-paid events throughout the year. Fees go towards running the association, purchasing prizes and for pay out winnings. NOTE: You MUST be a member of the Minnesota Kayak Fishing Association to be eligible for our tournaments. You must fish the waters of Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa or Wisconsin or the specific waters designated for destination tournaments. All entries will be verified as having a member account. Any entries not associated with an active MNKFA member account will be disqualified.
Not for profit, just for FUN!
There are several online bass tournaments that organizations or individuals run for profit. These MNKFA / Omnia Fishing tournaments are run by volunteers. The entry fee is low, just $30 for a full month of tournament fishing. These are low stress, friendly online competitions. A small part of your entry fee goes to pay for Tourney X, otherwise, all entry fees are paid to the winner(s) based on how many entrants sign up and how much money is in the pot.
Enjoy these benefits and conveniences:
- Fish when and where you want (in the 5 state area, MN, SD, ND, IA, WI)
- Tourney X shows standings in real time, watch your position in the standings rise (it’s FUN!)
- No travel to get to and home from a destination tournament (spend more time fishing!)
- Cost is low, fun is maximum!
Each month Omnia Fishing will be adding a $100 gift card (on top of MNKFA winnings) for the 1st place finisher if you are an Omnia Fishing customer. You’ll need a receipt showing you made a purchase, no matter how big or small, the month of the tournament. Your purchase transactions are online in your Omnia Fishing account. THANKS TO OMNIA FISHING!
Tourney X will be used for sign up and scoring
Tournaments will be held in June, July, August, September and October. Each month a new tournament starts. Each month a new $30 entry fee and payout schedule will be established. There will be NO REFUNDS for the monthly online tournaments for any reason. By signing up using the link below, you agree to all the rules on this page.
NOTE: Rules and regulations can change at the discretion of the MNKFA board and the tournament director for ANY reason. This is a LOW COST tournament, no complaining or arguing will be tolerated at all! MNKFA reserves the right to disqualify anyone at anytime if your bad behavior, negative attitude, negative attitude toward MNKFA, or disrespecting any board member, member or volunteer warrants disqualification. You’ll be disqualified if you just can’t accept the rules or decisions made by MNKFA and you incessantly complain, whine or bash!
Open to all kayak anglers in MN, IA, SD, ND and WI. You can fish any water in the 5 state area for a full month. We’ll use Tourney X to keep score. Your top 5 bass make up your score each month.
Each month is a new tournament. You start with a score of zero and go catch your best 5 bass for that month. The first tournament starts in June 2020. Followed by a tournament in July, August, September and maybe October.
Interpretation of these rules will be left exclusively to tournament officials whose decisions are final.
1. Registration: YOU MUST SIGN UP AND PAY YOUR ENTRY FEE BEFORE EACH MONTHLY TOURNAMENT STARTS. YOU must sign up and register on tourneyX.com , NOT MNKFA WEBSITE. WE WILL PROVIDE THE LINK WHEN READY. EVERY MONTH IS A NEW TOURNAMENT SO YOU MUST RE-ENTER AND REGISTER BEFORE THE NEW MONTH STARTS.
2. Requirements: A pdf image will be emailed to all participants prior to each month. We will post the identifier link in the MNKFA Facebook group. We will also post a link to the identifier on this page. THIS PDF WILL HAVE A CODE ON IT EACH MONTH. YOU MUST HAVE THE CORRECT CODE FOR THE MONTH YOU ARE FISHING. THIS CODE WILL CHANGE EVERY MONTH. Print this letter size sheet, put it in a zip lock bag and place in the photo with your catch. (Only the tournament card with codes must be showing in your photo) Your photo must include a fish measuring device like a Hawg Trough or similar measuring device. YOUR “LOCATION SERVICES” MUST BE TURNED ON IN YOUR CELLPHONE WHEN TAKING PHOTOS FOR SUBMITTING.
You may pinch the tail, the mouth of the fish can be open or closed and at the bottom of mouth touching the left edge of your measuring device. The ruler marks must be easily legible in the photo submitted. The printed tournament pdf image must appear in each photo submitted. ANY alteration that promotes products or services added to the control image will be immediately disqualified! Failure to include this control image will disqualify your entry. For further information on photo measuring requirements, click here (opens in a new window).
3. Start and Finish Times: Tournament will begin at 12:01 am CST ON THE 1ST DAY OF EACH MONTH (June-October). End of the tournament will be at 11:59PM CST ON THE LAST DAY OF EACH MONTH. All photo entries must be SUBMITTED via the TourneyX website and received by the end of the tournament each month. We are NOT responsible for ANY submissions that are not in by midnight. We advise you to send earlier. NO exceptions will be made.
4. Catch: All fish must be taken with a fishing rod, line and hook with artificial bait only on the days of the tournament during tournament hours. Participant must fish from a human powered kayak, only ONE angler in the kayak. ONLY water craft listed as a kayak by the manufacturer of the vessel are eligible. Gas or electric motors ARE allowed on kayaks only for this online tournament! Absolutely no other method will be permitted.
5. Safety: A PFD must be either worn or onboard each watercraft in accordance with state regulations where you are fishing. Safe boating conduct must be observed at all times.
6. Sportsmanship: Sportsmanship, courtesy, safety and conservation are expected from each angler. Any infraction of these fundamental sporting principles may be cause for disqualification. All participants must follow the DNR regulations in effect on the waters they are fishing.
7. Fishing Boundaries: Fish must be caught in the waters of Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota, South Dakota or Iowa. YOUR “LOCATION SERVICES” MUST BE TURNED ON IN YOUR CELLPHONE WHEN TAKING PHOTOS FOR SUBMITTING.
8. Weather: Anglers are to exercise their own best judgment for safety when considering whether to fish or not.
9. Cheating Inquiries: Any inquiries of cheating will be handled by Tournament Officials, and polygraph tests may be used to settle any cheating disputes. The challenging party agrees to pay for polygraph test costs. Challenging party agrees to be identified as the party making any accusations.
10. Prizes: The prizes for these tournaments are CASH. Each month’s payout will change depending on participation numbers. The more entries, the more cash payout. We will pay out to the top 3 each month, if there are enough participants. $5 of your entry fee goes to TourneyX fees, $2 goes to Paypal. The rest will be payed back to the entrants in cash prize.
11. Waiver: Submitting the entry form on Tourney X constitutes your agreement to ALL rules, regulations, waivers, terms and conditions, liability acknowledgement, otherwise the angler is ineligible to participate.
12. Ties: In case of a tie, the first fish submitted gets preference.
13. Your entry: You may NOT buy, sell, trade, swap, give away or pass on tournament entry spots. ONLY MNKFA tournament officials can authorize who is officially entered/registered in our events. MNKFA reserves the right to disqualify anyone who signs up, but has broken ANY MNKFA rules on any MNKFA media or events.
NOTE: Rules and regulations can change at the discretion of the MNKFA board and the tournament director to make things as fair as possible to all entrants or sponsors or discipline bad behavior on the part of an entrant.
Once the tournament has started, submit your entry via TOURNEYX.COM OR THEIR MOBILE APP. Your entry will be reviewed and MUST meet all the rules for acceptable entries.