Each month is a new tournament.
All 3 months make up the Omnia Fishing Online Bass Series.
Date: 12:01 am (each month) to 11:59 pm (each month) 30, 2021
Months: June, July and August, 2021
Location: You can fish anywhere in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, North Dakota or South Dakota
Entry Fee: $40 for each month
Format: 5 fish combination. Smallmouth and largemouth bass
REGISTRATION ENDS 5:30 PM DAY BEFORE EACH MONTHLY TOURNAMENT
***These details, rules and schedule can change if necessary***
Schedule for event
Each month, day before fishing starts at 5:30 pm: Signup closes. The identifier will be released at 8:00 pm.
First day of each month, 2021, at 12:01 am: You can begin fishing and submitting pics to Tourney X.
Last day of each month, 2021, at 11:59 pm: Tourney X will stop taking submissions. No whining or complaining about connectivity or any other issues. Submit your fish as you catch them. No submissions will be counted after 11:59 pm!
ANY OF THESE DETAILS CAN CHANGE AT THE DISCRETION OF THE MNKFA BOARD
Minnesota Kayak Fishing Association Rules (Rules are subject to change)
*Interpretation of these rules will be left exclusively to tournament officials whose decisions are final. We (MNKFA) reserve the right to change or add rules to ensure the competition is fair and equal to all participants and sponsors. Rules may change prior to event start.
1. Registration: Registration for Kayak Fishing Tournaments will be announced no less than a week prior to opening on the MNKFA facebook page and MNKFA website. Early bird access to registration may be sent to MNKFA Email Insiders as a reward for opting in to email. Registration is open to anyone 18 years of age or above and a valid member of MNKFA. You MUST be 18 to register for a tournament. Minors are allowed, but MUST meet requirements, call for details. (See cancellation policies for cancellations.)
2. Requirements: MNKFA tournaments are strictly catch and release. A Tournament control image will be supplied prior to the event (Online tournaments will be sent out beforehand). The control image must be in the photo with your catch. Your photo must include a fish measuring device like a Hawg Trough, Ketch or similar tournament-approved measuring device (see measuring requirements). The ruler marks must be easily legible in your photo submission. The Control image must appear in each photo submitted. Failure to include this will disqualify your entry. All submissions MUST conform to current measuring rules for MNKFA on this page: Fish measuring / pic submission rules
3. Scoring: You can upgrade your smallest fish submitted with a larger one at any time during tournament fishing hours. All fish may have open or closed mouth. Scoring will be done by the tournament director. Entries will be submitted via TourneyX. ALL fish submitted MUST meet fish measuring requirements.
4. Start and Finish Times: Tournament fishing times that are provided by MNKFA are subject to change by the MNKFA board. Your photos must be submitted to TourneyX by the submission deadline.
5. Event Details: Prize winnings for monthly online bass tournaments are paid via Paypal accounts. Omnia Fishing gift cards are emailed to qualified winners that meet the Omnia Fishing requirement of submitting a lake report on their website.
6. Catch: All fish must be taken with a fishing rod, line and artificial lures on the day(s) of the tournament during tournament fishing hours. You must remain in full compliance of the law in the state which you are fishing. Participants must fish from a human-powered or electric motor kayak, NO OTHER BOAT TYPES ARE ALLOWED. Only ONE person may be in the kayak. Absolutely no other method will be permitted. All vessels must be classified as a kayak from the manufacturer.
7. Safety: We strongly suggest that a PFD be worn and have an audible signalling device. Kayakers must be in accordance with state regulations. Safe Kayaking conduct must be observed at all times.
8. Sportsmanship: Sportsmanship, courtesy, safety and conservation are expected from each angler. Any infraction of these fundamental sporting principles may be cause for disqualification. All participants must follow the DNR regulations in effect on the waters they are fishing.
9. Fishing Boundaries: You MUST fish and launch ONLY from waters that have a public access, no private ponds or waters.
10. Weather: Anglers are to exercise their own best judgment for safety when considering whether to fish or not based on weather.
11. Cheating Inquiries: YOU MUST SUBMIT WRITTEN NOTICE OF ANY CHEATING WITHIN 48 HOURS OF THE CLOSE OF LISTED TOURNAMENT FISHING TO A BOARD MEMBER!!! Any inquiries of cheating will be handled by Tournament Officials and a polygraph provider sourced from the Minnesota Polygraph Association. Polygraph tests may be used to settle any cheating disputes. Person(s) bringing allegations assume all costs for any and all polygraph testing. Person(s) making any cheating allegations agree that their name will be made public. MNKFA also may require winners to take a voice stress test and polygraph to confirm the winner followed all the rules. Person(s) bringing allegations also agree to take a polygraph and voice stress analysis. Person(s) bringing allegations agree to prepay MNKFA for all services needed to perform the investigation. MNKFA can launch and pay for a cheating investigation on its own if we suspect foul play by any tournament entrant.
12. Prizes: Prizes will differ from each event, live and online. Major prizes will be announced prior to each event. An IRS 1099 form to major prize winners where appropriate.
13. Board Member Participation: Board members, employees of sponsors or owners of sponsor companies are eligible to register, sign-up and win any prizes and subject to all the same scrutiny as any other entrant. In other words, if they win honestly, honorably and according to the rules and law, they win and deserve the appropriate gains from their investment (entry cost).
14. Waiver: Submitting the entry form and payment is your agreement to the above rules, regulations, terms and conditions, liability acknowledgement, otherwise the angler is ineligible to participate. You MUST be over 18 years of age and show valid identification at any point before, during or after the event to be officially entered in the event. Minors are eligible to participate only if accompanied 100% of the time during this event by a parent who signs a waiver for the minor, call for details on minor participation, 651-639-1947.
15. Ties: All ties are at the tournament directors discretion. Ties will be decided by biggest fish, first fish and/or time submitted.
16. Cancellation: NO CANCELLATION REFUNDS ARE ALLOWED FOR ONLINE, MONTH LONG TOURNAMENTS.
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THESE RULES COULD RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION AND FORFEITURE OF ANY WINNINGS.
Knowledge of these rules is the responsibility of each contestant. Failure to read these rules or ignorance of them is no excuse.