2P3B On Ice 2023 Fishing Tournament
***Signup is closed Jan. 15, 2023***
Keeping it FUN!
This will be an online ice fishing tournament. Fish anywhere in these 5 states, MN, IA, WI, SD or ND. It will run from January 15 to February 28, 2022. It will be low cost and LOTS OF FUN!
Cash payout to the top 3 spots
Payout will be dependent on the number of entrants. This is our second ice tournament so we don’t expect a huge turnout…but who knows. The entry fee is $30. The details below will change. Final details released prior to fishing start.
- Ron will keep scoring via spreadsheet, updates will be posted as fish are sent in via Facebook group and email
- KP will score Ron’s fish if Ron is in the tournament
- 1st place gets $100. 2nd place gets $50. 3rd place gets $30.
Everyone else gets to have a good time and brag about in the Facebook Group
Scoring will done like our open water tournaments, modified slightly for ice versus open water.
***These details, rules and schedule can change if necessary***
Dates: January 15 to February 28, 2023
Location: Fish anywhere in MN, IA, WI, SD or ND
Entry Fee: $30
Format: 2 best Pike and 3 best Bass (largemouth and small mouth only) length total
ANY OF THESE DETAILS CAN CHANGE AT THE DISCRETION OF THE MNKFA BOARD
Minnesota Kayak Fishing Association Rules (Rules are subject to change)
*Interpretation of these rules will be left exclusively to tournament officials whose decisions are final. We (MNKFA) reserve the right to change or add rules to ensure the competition is fair and equal to all participants and sponsors. Rules may change prior to event start.
1. Registration: Registration will be announced no less than a week prior to opening on the MNKFA facebook page and MNKFA website. Early bird access to registration may be sent to MNKFA Email Insiders as a reward for opting into email. Registration is open to anyone 18 years of age or above and a valid member of MNKFA. You MUST be 18 to register for a tournament. Minors are allowed, but MUST meet requirements, call for details. (See cancellation policies for cancellations.)
2. Requirements: For this ice fishing tournament, you’re allowed to keep any legal fish you submit. A Tournament control image (identifier) will be supplied prior to the event (Online tournaments will be sent out beforehand). The control image must be in the photo with your catch. Your photo must include a fish measuring device like a Hawg Trough, Ketch or similar tournament-approved measuring device (see measuring requirements). The ruler marks must be easily legible in your photo submission. The Control image must appear in each photo submitted. Failure to include this will disqualify your entry. All submissions MUST conform to current measuring rules for MNKFA on this page: Fish measuring / pic submission rules. (all kayak requirements are VOID for this ice tournament)
3. Scoring: You can upgrade your smallest fish submitted with a larger one at any time during tournament fishing hours. All fish may have open or closed mouth. Scoring will be done by the tournament director. Entries will be submitted via an online tournament form. ALL fish submitted MUST meet fish measuring requirements.
4. Start and Finish Times: Tournament fishing times that are provided by MNKFA are subject to change by the MNKFA board. Your photos must be submitted to Ron or KP by the submission deadline.
5. Event Details: This is an ice fishing contest. Any mention of kayak requirements is VOID for this tournament
6. Catch: All fish must be taken with a fishing rod, rattle reel or tip-up, live bait is permitted for this tournament (unlike our kayak tournaments). You must remain in full compliance of the law in the state which you are fishing.
7. Safety: Be very careful about the ice conditions you fish! It’s your responsibility to only fish safe ice!
8. Sportsmanship: Sportsmanship, courtesy, safety and conservation are expected from each angler. Any infraction of these fundamental sporting principles may be cause for disqualification. All participants must follow the DNR regulations in effect on the waters they are fishing.
9. Fishing Boundaries: You MUST fish ONLY in the listed states.
10. Weather and ice conditions: Anglers are to exercise their own best judgment for safety when considering whether to fish or not.
11. Cheating Inquiries: YOU MUST SUBMIT WRITTEN NOTICE OF ANY CHEATING WITHIN 48 HOURS OF THE CLOSE OF LISTED TOURNAMENT FISHING TO A BOARD MEMBER!!! Any inquiries of cheating will be handled by Tournament Officials and a polygraph provider sourced from the Minnesota Polygraph Association. Polygraph tests may be used to settle any cheating disputes. Person(s) bringing allegations assume all costs for any and all polygraph testing. Person(s) making any cheating allegations agree that their name will be made public. MNKFA also may require winners to take a voice stress test and polygraph to confirm the winner followed all the rules. Person(s) bringing allegations also agree to take a polygraph and voice stress analysis. Person(s) bringing allegations agree to prepay MNKFA for all services needed to perform the investigation. MNKFA can launch and pay for a cheating investigation on its own if we suspect foul play by any tournament entrant.
12. Prizes: Prizes will differ from each event, live and online. Major prizes will be announced prior to each event. An IRS 1099 form will be sent in January to major prize winners where appropriate. You are responsible for any sales tax required to register a kayak you win.
13. Board Member Participation: Board members, employees of sponsors or owners of sponsor companies are eligible to register, sign-up and win any prizes and subject to all the same scrutiny as any other entrant. In other words, if they win honestly, honorably and according to the rules and law, they win and deserve the appropriate gains from their investment (entry cost).
14. Waiver: Submitting the entry form and payment is your agreement to the above rules, regulations, terms and conditions, liability acknowledgement, otherwise the angler is ineligible to participate. You MUST be over 18 years of age and show valid identification at any point before, during or after the event to be officially entered in the event. Minors are eligible to participate only if accompanied 100% of the time during this event by a parent who signs a waiver for the minor, call for details on minor participation, 651-639-1947.
15. Ties: All ties are resolved at the tournament directors discretion. Ties will be decided by first fish, biggest fish and/or time submitted.
16. Cancellation: If you MUST cancel your signup prior to the tournament: SEE REFUND/CANCELLATION POLICY FOR TOURNAMENTS.
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THESE RULES COULD RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION AND FORFEITURE OF ANY WINNINGS.
Knowledge of these rules is the responsibility of each contestant. Failure to read these rules or ignorance of them is no excuse.